Genesis 1:14 (NLT)

Scripture
What particularly spoke to you today?

Take time reading and allow God to speak to you. Highlight the verse or verses that stand out.

Then God said, "Let lights appear in the sky to separate the day from the night. Let them mark off the seasons, days, and years."

Observation
What do you think God is saying?

Ask the Holy Spirit to teach you and reveal Jesus to you. Rewrite the scripture in your own words.

God made the stars to shine in the sky, bringing light to the days and the nights. He set them so as to mark the length of days, seasons, and years.

Application
How can you apply this today?

Personalize what you have read by considering the instruction, encouragement, revelation of a new promise or corrections for your own life.

God is in charge of the time and the seasons. My attempts to make something happen faster or slower than He has it planned generally will just leave me frustrated and worn out. It's not about me, it's about Him and what brings Him glory.

Prayer
What are you and God talking about?

Ask God to help you use this scripture, and thank Him for what He may be revealing to you. Prayer is a conversation, so remember to listen as well as speak.

God, I don't want to remember the way You are in charge. Keeping Your will ahead of my own is scary for me. I prefer to fight You in order to keep up the illusion of control rather than give in and admit that I need to trust You for what I cannot make, do, and be. Help me to choose You, and to let Your perfect timing keep my life in balance. May I know when and how to make choices that will lead me closer to You, not distract me and pull me further away.

No comments:

Post a Comment